Search This Blog

Closet Case Nettie in Sly Fox Single Brushed Poly

Ok so Tuesday's outfit was too awesome to not deserve a full pattern review. Today we're talking about the Closet Case Patterns...


Ok so Tuesday's outfit was too awesome to not deserve a full pattern review.

Today we're talking about the Closet Case Patterns Nettie. I bought this pattern over Black Friday this year. I muslined it immediately and then worried I was too fat for this style. I am putting that here as a disclaimer. Body shaming is not ok. I am not fat. Yes, my stomach is squishier than last year. But I also haven't been working out like I should. But that doesn't make me fat and the way my body looks is NOT something to be ashamed of. So take that negative thoughts!

Sorry for getting derailed. Back to the actual review.

I choose the body suit version of the Nettie with the Scoop Front and Medium Scoop Back. I started with a base size 8. I did NOT shorten above the bust. The armscyes were nice and high so I knew that that part would fit well. I did shorten the bodice across the waist by 1". I did a 1" full bust adjustment to add 2" to the bust and I also straightened out the side seam to match my 32" waist.

I sewed this up in a single brushed poly from Sly Fox Fabrics with plenty of horizontal stretch and a little less vertical stretch. *Special thanks to Sly Fox Fabrics for sponsoring me this month. If I made another brushed poly one, I'd like to add about a 1/2" at the waist length to minimize the strain put on the fabric (I worry it might rip. I could be wrong).

The neckline on this pattern is REALLY low. Even for me and I only wear plunge type bras. Unless it was for date night, I'd definitely raise it about 1/2". The back neckline is a little wide for my slim back, so my bra straps just barely show. I'll smooth those out next.

Overall, I REALLY love this top and plan on making a bunch of them in different fabrics.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love the back on this! Do you think it could be easily modified into a top or tunic? I'm not sure I'm ready to embrace the bodysuit yet. Haha

    ReplyDelete

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )