Search This Blog

Cow Appreciation Day with Chik Fil A

A better blogger than I would have had this post ready for you last week. But, last week I was in the middle of a move. :/ But hopefully, ...

A better blogger than I would have had this post ready for you last week. But, last week I was in the middle of a move. :/

But hopefully, I can inspire you anyway.

Today is Cow Appreciation Day at Chik Fil A. I have to admit, I am totally sucked in by the msg coated chicken strips and cookies and cream milk shakes. And I'm not even kidding. I eat those MSG coated chickens like there's no tomorrow and love every moment of it. So of course Cow Appreciation Day was a no brainer. On Cow Appreciation Day, anyone that wears cow themed clothing gets a free entree (that's a free kid's meal for kids!). WOOT.

So of course, I had big plans for Cow Appreciation Day. Then I moved instead. DOH!

So here it was, Cow Appreciation Day and I had nothing sewn and nothing planned. I had no cow fabric and my printer still isn't working. It was 9 am and you better believe my kids were expecting some cow appreciation. CRAP.

Thankfully, I knew just the thing. In the Little Lizard King Facebook Group there is a SAL (sew a long) file for a cow face (also an owl and lady bug) for the Animazing skirt. No doubt, I wish I had time to sew up 3 Animazing skirts, but no dice. BUT, I did have time to trace the face pattern pieces off of my computer.

I used fusible web to attach each of my pattern pieces to my shirt. Only to find that the pieces started peeling almost immediately. GAH. So I quickly ran a straight stitch across the outlines, whew. I also had to hand sew buttons on, but its still a win.

So yes, the faces for the Animazing skirt are great on the skirts. They're also pretty awesome as appliques on shirts. #FTW!

And of course, my kids in all their genius decided to ask both mom and dad to take them to Chik Fil A. So 1 Chik Fil A lunch with mom and 1 Chik Fil A dinner with dad. As much as I love Chik Fil A, I couldn't stomach the idea of eating it twice in one day. Hope you got your chik'n fix too.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

These Reads

Analytics ( do not remove )